Work with electrical engineering, ID, and marketing team members to conceptualize, define, design, build, and test new products, then take them to manufacturing.
Skills and experience needed:
- Design the plastic and metal parts of a consumer electronic device.
- Detailed 3D CAD and CAE of product architecture.
- Search out materials, components, and systems to integrate into the product.
- Build and trouble-shoot prototypes.
- Work with manufacturing partners in Asia and the U.S.
- Review tooling design, equipment, and fixtures for primary and secondary manufacturing operations.
- Review parts and assemblies and give feedback to suppliers about part issues.
- Define reliability tests, supervise their execution, and analyze the results.
- Visit component and assembly supplier sites and give support. International travel required.
Click here to apply
- 5+ years experience in Product Design.
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to use statistical techniques
- Proficient in 3D CAD (Unigraphics NX, preferred, SolidWorks and Pro-E also applicable).
- Working knowledge of structural FEA.
- Experience with computer aided thermal analysis a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in plastic and metal design.
- Familiar with a myriad of manufacturing techniques and DFM (Design For Manufacturing) review and feedback for suppliers.
- Familiarity with electromechanical assemblies: LCDs, batteries, sensors, flexes, PCBs, antennas, buttons, etc.
- Handheld, portable, small home electronics experience a plus.
- Mandarin language skills a plus.