Nest is looking for talented engineers to Dream, Design, and implement the de facto communications standard for the connected home.
Skills and Experience Needed
- Low power embedded system product development (Linux and bare metal SW development) and deep knowledge of open networking standards.
- Proven track record shipping system software in high volume consumer electronic products.
- Capable of handling large projects as an individual contributor.
- Ability to work closely with HW designers during the early stages of the development.
- Working knowledge of open internet standards and protocols (ARP, IP, UDP, TCP, mDNS-SD, DHCP, HTTP, etc.).
- Exposure to Wi-Fi technologies (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/an, WEP, WPA, WPA2, 802.11x, 802.11d, 802.11i, wpa_supplicant, etc).
- Working knowledge of bus protocols such as SPI, UART, or SDIO.
- Proficient in C/C++, with an emphasis on ARM based chipsets.
- Functional, working knowledge of scripting languages for quick prototyping, testing infrastructure, etc. (PERL, Python, lua, …).
- Very strong background on POSIX systems.
- Strong background with Linux a plus.
- Knowledge of regular lab equipment: OScope, DMM, etc.
- Strong communication skills.
- Successful track record with vendor interaction and management.
- Familiarity with and active contribution to open source projects such as connman, hostapd, LWIP, or µIP a plus.
Click here to apply